Faith Promise Partners March 2020 Update
Andrew & Grace Goyzueta (RUF AT DAVIDSON COLLEGE)
• THE POWER OF PRAYER - A friend of mine likes to compare prayer to turning on a water faucet. With just the turn of a knob, a nearly limitless amount of fresh water is at our disposal. Rarely do we ever think about all the pipes within the walls of our home and under the ground connecting us to huge reservoirs or wells. But the water is always there, ready to pour out.
• Followers of Jesus are always connected to a source of truly unlimited power and provision. And like a father who longs to give good gifts to his beloved children, our God longs to pour out his power and provision on us. All he desires of us is that we reach for the faucet: "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you (Matthew 7:7)."
• This semester, RUF at Davidson is seeking to embrace prayer as a foundation for ministry. As a staff, we have started meeting twice a week simply to pray with and for one another and for our students. Members of RUF's student leadership team (Servant Team) have started to pray for specific individuals not already involved in a campus ministry or church. Once a month, I take a day to get away and pray, and I require our interns to do the same. As we have sought the Lord in prayer, some pretty exciting things have started to happen...
• PRAYER UPDATES - This Lord has been gracious to answer a number of our recent prayers! We've received bibles to give away, another student received his first bible, over winter break the Lord provided me with rest and a renewed sense of vision, and students are growing in the gospel. Thank you for your faithful prayers! God is at work!
• SPURGEON'S "BOILER ROOM"- Charles (C.H.) Spurgeon was renowned for his dynamic and powerful preaching at Metropolitan Tabernacle in London. In fact, many consider him to be "the Prince of Preachers." What few realize, however, is that during Spurgeon's sermons a group of church members would gather in a room below the sanctuary to pray for their pastor and the effectiveness of the preached word. Spurgeon believed this room– even more than his sermons– brought about spiritual revival, so much so that he would proudly call it the "boiler room" of the church.
• Prayer Requests -I'd love for Davidson RUF to have a "boiler room" during our Tuesday night Large Group meetings. Would you prayerfully consider joining a team of individuals who are committed to praying for the preached word from 8-9PM on Tuesdays? Let me know if you are interested, and I will give you more details!
• Amanda was rear-ended two weeks ago as she was waiting to turn left into a parking lot. Praise the Lord, she was uninjured! Unfortunately, our 3-week old mini-van wasn't so fortunate. Would you pray for patience for us as the car is in the shop, for favor in the eyes of the insurance companies who are working with us, and for the Lord's provision of a reliable mode of transportation for our family?
Ray & Ang East-West Ministries Int’l
• Praise God for the ways He revealed Himself to us in India and for the opportunities to share His Word.
• Praise God for His work in India, past and present.
• Please pray for the people in our discipleship groups during the COVID-19 pandemic, that their faith would not be shaken and that their theology would be deepened and strengthened.
• Please pray for wisdom for us to know how to best disciple and serve during this pandemic.
• Please pray for a family very close to us in crisis.
Christy & Zach Yoder – (Wycliffe – Nigeria, W. Africa)
• We have a lot to celebrate. Olivia and Acacia have nearly doubled their birth weights. We have been in our own house in Holland for a week. We are surrounded by family, friends, and church community who care for us. Thank God for his kindness!
• Please pray for us as we are sleeping much less than we are used to. Also, Christy has a lot of milk for the babies, but they need even more. Please pray for more milk and the babies to be able to drink more of it on their own (less pumping and bottles).
• We have been so blessed even in the tiredness, to laugh a lot and be filled with joy and hope. Praise our God for his unending love!
Istifanus Bahago (Christian Extension Services – Sierra Leone)
• Thank God for the new generator and for all that have contributed for this.
• Thank God for the successfully completion of the advance training for the TLT. Pray that these men and women will use the training to further the growth of the Church and their communities.
• Pray for us, on March 10 we will be going to the Krim people in the southern part of the country. Pray that the seed of the gospel that was planted several years ago by the missionaries and is now germinating will continue to grow, that this group will work together for the growth of CRC in Sierra Leone.
• There is need for continue prayers as the COVID 19 virus is spreading fast beyond China, for God’s protection. We have just heard about the first case in West Africa reported in Lagos Nigeria.
• Pray for more funding to complete the phase thee building on going.
• Pray for new churches planted,
• We have just started a home cell meeting in Lungi in which we hope to start another church plant there soon. Pray for Evangelist Daniel Karfala Kamara for the cell meeting he has started That souls will be won to Christ.
Ben & Amy Meyer (Church Planting in Guadalajara, Mexico)
John & Grace Van Huizen (International Seafarers Ministry)
Jan VanStaalduinen (Wycliffe – Dallas, TX)
John & Jean VanHemert (International Seafarers Ministry)
Sound of Life Radio
Care Net Pregnancy Care Center