Faith Promise Partners March 2022 Update
Joshua & Emily (China – Resonate Global Missions)
- We are being deployed to Korea (new base instead of China) due to the lockdown (all embassies closed). We are still doing Chinese ministry with Chinese in China and Korea (diaspora ministry). We have a Chinese church in Korea that we will minister to, there’s 1 million Chinese in Korea (the size of Michigan), so we may reach out to college students, immigrant workers.
- While we live in Korea, I will travel regularly to China, it’s about 2 hr-flight from Korea to China. Emily and Annika will remain in Korea while I go to China. It will be training/teaching trips (1 week or so).
Jan VanStaalduinen (Wycliffe – Dallas, TX)
- Thank you for your partnership in my Wycliffe ministry. I am grateful for your ongoing support during this time of Intermittent Medical Leave, and especially grateful for those who have increased their financial giving. This helps cover the increased cost of living and health insurance expenses. Thank You!
- It is hard to believe that 12 months of Medical Leave have passed. Since my mom’s medical condition is irreversible, she continues to need 24/7 care. I have reapplied and been approved to continue my Intermittent Medical Leave with Wycliffe for another 12 months. This will allow me to continue my work with SIL International Literacy and Education while taking some time from my work to help care for my mom.
- Thank you again for your prayers, encouragement and financial partnership.
Christy & Zach Yoder (Wycliffe – Nigeria, W. Africa)
- Thank God (first three points from prayer requests last month)
- In the midst of intense business preparing for staff conference (Mar 31-Apr 1), Zach has felt peace and unity with others as we plan together.
- Acacia and Olivia are weaned and have slept through three out of the last five nights. There have been some moments of peace that felt sudden and even miraculous. Thank God!
- Thank God for his presence and peace in Zach's first year (and two months) as director.
- Please pray:
- Following a careful review, I was surprised by a recommendation to cancel a third cohort of new staff planned for July and instead work towards a major new partnership in Africa. Pray that our whole organization can have clear vision as we seek God's will in a major decision with the next step for many of our Nigerian colleagues.
- Continue to pray for Zach as he grows in conversational, spiritual and strategic leadership skills.
- Christy is feeling quite sick. Please pray for healing.
Andrew & Amanda Goyzueta (RUF At Davidson College)
Ray & Angie De Lange (East-West Ministries Int’l – Lake Forest, WA)
John & Grace Van Huizen (International Seafarers Ministry)
John & Jean VanHemert (International Seafarers Ministry)
Sound of Life Radio
Care Net Pregnancy Care Center
Christ Healthcare Center
Discover more about our ministry partners by visiting www.Goshen.Church/partners